Life as an Ozmerican

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Monterey

It was gorgeous out (85 degrees) so we decided to spend the day in beautiful Monterey (had to get Xmas pressies too so 2 birds, one stone type deal). Here's the da walking down the Wharf with Rhys who from this day until he's eating solids will be refered to as Captain Bitey Pants.
We went to the Fish Hopper for some chowder and I couldn't resist an opportunity for sloppy kisses. He was more interested in the food that Shannon was eating...
Um, Hellllllooooo momma, what the?!?! You need to hook me up with some of that bread you're eating. I have no intentions of actually liking it but you have it so I want it.
See what I mean? I just wanted it, but it didn't taste good. I will let the ENTIRE restaurant know my displeasure. However, all the racket I make will only attract the waitstaff to come and pay attention to me and coo and make funny faces. How dare you take 2 minutes to eat??? I am Captain Bitey Pants and you must feed me!!!
You can't go to Monterrey without going to Ghirardelli and getting an artery clogging, unbelievably heavenly sundae. Rhys finally took a nap so we took our chances for a quiet bite of delicious goodness.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Jena - I can FEEL myself getting fatter just looking at that sundae.
Have a great holiday!
Hugs to the little bugger