Life as an Ozmerican

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I know...I know

We lost our camera somewhere and it's got a TON of photos so we're frantic looking for it. Boogie has lent us hers in the meantime so we'll be back up and running! I miss blogging and I want to keep it up as someday he'll be able to read all of the funny things he's done and since my memory is shockingly horrible, it's like our public diary. :)

In the meantime, Rhys had his 18 month check up last week and to say he embarrassed his mommy would be an understatement. We're trying pull-ups (I'll post another funny story tonight about being in Borders and his pull-ups) and so the doctor is checking out Rhys from head to toe. He's keeps grabbing her stethescope and whispering into it "minnneee" which is cracking her up. He also won't sit still and must jump up and down on the chair saying "OhKar, Elmoh, Ernie, Ert" The doc keeps commenting on how socialble he is and all of his other amazingness when she goes to check out his bits. She's poking and proding when all of a sudden Rhys smacks her hand away and grabs himself and yells at the top of his lungs "NOOOOOOOO, MINEEEEEEE". I have now melted into the floor and the doc is practically peeing her pants. All I could say was "look, it's like you were trying to take his stuffed bunny and he's not into sharing right now"

He's lost weight since his last check up and has no more baby phat...his height though is going to be an issue as in it's OFF THE CHART. She charted him to peak at 6'2" - 6'3" so we'll see when he gets older. Still only has 4 teeth and apparently that's all he needs to function in life b/c he eats everything we do.

I'd like to give a shout out to my man Elmo...if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to prepare dinner in peace. You keep my little monster occupied with your annoyingly irritating voice and fancy footwork. Thank you thank you.

No comments: