Hi all...sorry its taken so long to post but we've finally gotten settled into our new place. So far everything is going really well...job is amazing, apartment is very nice and Rhys had adjusted to the cold. He's got a great home daycare to go to and his carer, Ayumi is amazing. She talks to him in Japanese so he'll be able to chat with his Oma and Aunt Holly. We're still unpacking, have about 15 more boxes to go and I just wish they'd disappear but no such luck. The first 2 weeks here we slept on the floor so its nice to finally have our furniture :) Grandpa Leahy gave me the Almon clan's number so we could meet up with them. So far we've met Pam, T, Tim and Paula. They were sooooo much like my Leahy Aunts and Uncles, it feels just like home. Mom and Jay just visited us for a bit and boy did Rhys have a blast with them. He's taken lazy to a whole new level when they're around. Normally, we'll make a bottle for him and hand it over and he'll feed himself. This is not the case when his Nanny has possession of the bottle. He'll stick his hands down at his side and just lay there with his mouth open. The other aspect of his laziness comes when Nanny has a cheerio in her hand which we're trying to teach him "hand to mouth" feeding. She'll have a cheerio or two in her palm and instead of him reaching down and grabbing the cereal, he'll do a face plant into her hand with a wide open mouth and hoover whatever she's got.
We've got a new address and telephone numbers so let us know if you need them.
We've taken lots of pics so they'll have to come in batches. Below are the ones from Shannon's phone.
My two tired boys taking a nap in the loft.

Mommy look at me, I can roll all over the living room and there's nothing to get in my way!!! I know you put me on this blanket so you cook dinner but I have places to go and since I'm "mobile" I can do whatever I want.
Oma got me this really cool tummy time play mat and now that mommy and daddy have finally gotten their act together and pulled out some entertainment for me, I'm one happy camper.
Daddy and I are just chillin with the boxes watching the All-Star game.

This picture is proof that Rhys is SUPER lazy and can spot a sucker a mile a way. He is fully capable of holding his bottle but chooses not to if the right "person" cough cough NANNY is around.

Mom and dad took me furniture shopping and I'm clearly not having a good time.

Hmmmm yogurt!!! Mommy is not as good as daddy when it comes to meal times, she's more interested in painting me with my food than actually trying to get it into my mouth.

Off to brave the cold so we can get some food around here. Me in my snowsuit...super cute.

Further proof that I can capable but not willing. This was taken about 2 days into our Maryland adventure so Rhys was fighting some raw skin: massing drooling + freakin cold weather= raw cheeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment