Life as an Ozmerican

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving week of fun

This post will have to come in two parts b/c we bought a camera on Black Friday and took some pics with it but I'm not motivated enough to unpack it so that will have to be done tomorrow. We had a great time at home in the frozen tundra. The flight to Ottawa was AWFUL!!!...We were "those" parents with "that" screaming kid. Very weary and tired, we got off the plane to delicately (cough cough) hand Rhys to Mom. Saturday morning, Mom took Rhys to Grandma and Papa's while I got my hair cut. The rest of the weekend was very restful...Shan and I got some quality snooze time while Rhys' Nanny and Grandpa took turns entertaining the little one. Aunt Sarah got some good snuggle time in but Rhys seemed to think she was a puke magnet. He truly values every little drop of food we give him and NEVER spits up, drools like a fiend but never spits up...Aunt Sarah has created the exception. At least once a day, she'd pick him up and he'd give her a little present on her nice shirts and jeans. :) We got to go shopping on Black Friday which meant we had to put Rhys on the floor in the living room. When Shannon and I got home around 6:30am, I found mom sitting on the couch with Rhys chatting away to her. In no particular order...the first set of pics from last week.

Here's Rhys hanging out on Grammy Rita's lap in his Gobble Gobble onsie. He LOVED knawing on her arthritic knuckles...silly kid.
Uh oh...mommy, daddy is taking me downstairs...the only thing downstairs is the nap place. I don't want a nap, I just want to be fussy, that's all. Don't let daddy take me!!!

Paddy cake, paddy cake...this is the coolest game ever!!! Ah heck I just like when Aunt Sarah pats my belly, gets it all rumbly. And she wonders why I puke on her :)

In keeping with putting everything in my mouth, here is a glamour shot of me chewing on my towel after a nice hot bath.

There is way too much going on for me to just lie down and take the bottle. Aunt Sarah must feed me sitting up, it may be uncomfortable but this way I get to see all of the action.
Again, I must try and shove Aunt Jemima in my mouth...mmmmm fake maple syrup red cap tastes good and I can get my whole mouth around it.
Aren't I the cutest darned bear you've ever seen in your life??? I was kind enough to look at mommy for this shot b/c she was interupting the football game and I am all about watching.

Grandpa was nice enough to share with me his empty bottle for my nomming and nibbling pleasure. Half of the fun was just trying to hold the bottle straight while leaning into it for maximum coverage of my rock hard gums.
Nanny wants to see what a big boy I am!

Hmmmm, Nanny your cheeks looks mighty yummy, you should just hold still so I can lock my suction like mouth on it and nom it raw!
This is my super cute cousin, Elizabeth. While my mommy dressed me in a dorky turkey onsie, Elizabeth's mommy put her in this adorable dress.

No comments: