For Nanny's birthday this year, I asked her what she wanted Rhys to get her...the response "a red shirt". A red shirt?!? In my entire life of buying things for my mother, clothes are so far down the list that I would rather send money and still think that it is more personal. Rhys agreed that the red shirt thing was a dumb idea so we thought that maybe get his 12 week photos taken. We found this awesome photographer at like 2am on a Friday night (I was up trying to think of alternatives for "the red shirt"). The photographer's name is Racquel Reyna and she worked her magic with our little one.
http://www.racquelreyna.com/. So she came over on Saturday around noon. Rhys was not cooperating (ie sleeping so we could get some angelic photos). He tends to sleep like Super Man, arms straight out, with his bottom high in the air...not so cute I assure you. Anyhoo you can't have adorable photos without some nakie baby action, so off comes the diaper. He doesn't want to lay on his tummy so I pick him up several times throughout the session. I was peed on at least 3 times but who cares right?...this is for a good cause. The last time, however, when I picked him up and stood against the futon, he let out this rip roaring fart/poo that was probably heard around the block! He had shat so hard that as I was moping the floor later I found a mustard colored trinket in front of the fridge, a good 25 feet from where we were standing. The look of relief on this kid's face was priceless, I was mortified but Racquel was a pro and thought nothing of it. I went through 3 outfits that day but in the end it was all worth it because we ended up with photos like this:


1 comment:
I love the last photo, he looks so wise and knowing!
Post a Comment