Life as an Ozmerican

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You know you're over tired when...

You dress your baby in this outfit.


Rhys got my little sinus bug so he was up snorgling ALL night long. With Shannon up in Portland, Rhys and I had a midnight tea tree steamer, hot bubble bath for him, tea for me, plenty of snot sucking from the bulb looking thing, lots of time rocking in the chair and finally against my better judgement, he fell asleep on my chest around 6am. (we had to be at work at 7). I got out of bed, put my clothes on, grabbed what I thought was a matching outfit for him and out the door we went. Upon getting to the office, my coworker Yolanda got a huge kick out of his attire...blue fishies cap, brown and blue striped onesie, and blue leggies with vines on them. None of the blues matched and the leggings made him look like he auditioned for a supporting role in Footloose. His vacant expression in the pics is from lack of sleep...no pics of me as I look like hell. Tonight he got a bath (which he pooed in), was then hosed off, massage, books read and then one last feed before I tucked his tush into his bed which I imagine he'll grow out of in the next week or so. The last pic is of Rhys nomming on Yolanda's shirt...he really goes to town on her clothing, I think its her fabric softener. After a day at the office, I'm always picking out little lint balls from his cheeks from where he had a feast on her shoulder.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Jena - The box of clothes was sent out yesterday...and BOY - looking at what he's wearing - at least he'll have SOME clothes that match!
Hope everyone feels better soon

michael said...

not sure what the problem is?

these look great!

he would win the gympie/noosa baby fashion show dressed in stunners like these.