Rhys is giving hell to one nasty cold. It has settled in his sinus' and since he has "a button nose" (quote from doctor today), his little nostrils get clogged really easily. For the past week, his sleep has been
steadily getting worse b/c he can't breathe
thru his nose. Believe me when I say we've tried everything...humidifier, bed raised at an angle, hot bath, steam from my shower, chest massage and lots of time with the bulb syringe. Even though we know he shouldn't use it anymore, its the only thing that's giving him at least a couple of breathes
thru his nose. Last night was the worst with him waking up every hour. Today at work his usual 2 hour naps were replaced with 20 minute rests. Needless to say Shannon and I were at our wits end and luckily between my mom and his
pediatrician we tried lots of things tonight to hopefully make him feel better. Below are some pics from our efforts.
I threw on a bathing suit and hopped in a steamy shower with him. He is such a water baby...as soon as the water hit him, his body goes limp and he acts like he's in a coma. The pic is a little funky b/c its so steamy in there.

The new thing we're trying tonight is a HOT steam humidifier. The doctor said that we'd have the perfect room for him if it felt like we just entered the jungle. Shannon is super excited about this...me...not so much.

AAAAHHHHH- CHOOOOOOO

Hehe momma, I just sneezed. Did ya see that live action??? I rock.

Here's Rhys with his organic eucalyptus chest rub...stinks like vics so hopefully it helps. I just put some on his nose but of course, he starts to giggle so a bit ended up on his cheek...all shiny :)
1 comment:
How about some saline nose drops? They're tough as all get out to get in...but they work wonderfully w/ our kids.
Good luck
Post a Comment